Source of Cellophane for Drying Gels

Mon Aug 28 16:49:26 EST 1995

On Sat, 26 Aug 1995, John Alsobrook wrote:

> Doesn't anyone just use SaranWrap/HandiWrap from the grocery store anymore?

In case you are not aware, these cellophanes are used as backings in
drying gels (instead of the usual 3MM paper). You can dry the gel between
two sheets of cellophane held together by a frame- the gel normally dries
in 24h. This can then be stored, used for autorad and even be used on
overhead projectors. Alternatively the gel can be dried on the cellophane
using the regular gel drier.
	So, you see, these do not replace the Saranwrap/
Handiwrap/Gladwrap etc.

> * John Alsobrook    Child Study Center    Yale University School of Medicine *
> * internet: alsobrook at biomed.med.yale.edu / bitnet: alsobrook at yalemed.bitnet *
> *----------------------------------------------------------------------------*
> * "Giving money and power to the government is like giving whiskey and car   *
> *  keys to teenage boys." -- P.J. O'Rourke                                   *
> * If I was a spokesperson for Yale my secretaries would have typed this...   *

			  Hiranya S. Roychowdhury
   			  Plant Genetic Engineering Lab.
			  Box 3GL, NM State Univ.
			  Las Cruces, NM 88003