growing bacteria in microtite

PRASHERD at DELPHI.COM PRASHERD at news.delphi.com
Mon Aug 28 15:41:47 EST 1995

nater at gargamel.rug.ac.be (Nancy Terryn) writes:
Nancy,
When bacterial cultures are grown in microtiter plates incubated at 37 C,
a LOT of the liquid evaporates from those wells near the outside edges.
 To minimize the evaporation, incubate the plates inside a sealed
container (Tupperware is good).  Inside the container lay a moistened
paper towel such that the atmosphere is saturated with water.

Good luck.
Douglas Prasher
USDA, APHIS
prasherd at delphi.com