Setting up a lab at hom

Mark S. Strom strom at
Mon Aug 28 14:01:24 EST 1995

Don't forget the autoclave for sterilizing glassware, etc...and what
about hazardous waste disposal (phenol, other common chemicals and

hansen_lab#l#not_u.h.#r#@MACMAILGW.DFCI.HARVARD.EDU ("Hansen Lab", not
U.H.) wrote:
>        Reply to:   RE>>Setting up a lab at home
>And what about the regulations (OSHA, EPA, NRC--if you do any work with
>radioactivity)? ETC!
>Date: 8/28/95 12:46 PM
>To: Hansen Lab(not U.H.)
>From: martin LEACH
>In one word
>the reagents cost a bomb!
>Susan Jane Hogarth (sjhogart) wrote:
>: Hello,
>: I'm considering setting up a basic "molecular biology" laboratory in my
>home. I
>: hope to design/build much of the equipment, and to purchase some. This is
>: as far-fetched as it may seem (I hope!) as my mate is a
>: machinist/programmer/designer who hopes to use my setup to work on his
>: equipment designs. My vision is of a place where, free from having to
>: work financially, I can play around with "hobby projects". I see this home

Mark S. Strom, Ph.D.        Ph (206) 860-3379  Fax (206) 860-3394
2725 Montlake Blvd. E.      Email: strom at
Seattle, WA  98112-2097            mstrom at