restrict. digestion of PCR products

sl3wx at cc.usu.edu sl3wx at cc.usu.edu
Mon Aug 28 17:27:20 EST 1995

This may help those having problems restriction-digesting their PCR products.
I had a similar problem wherein the enzymes would'nt cut at their sites which
had been tailored into the PCR primers. I was recommended pOCUS T-Vector
from Novagen and it worked just fine. It is a linearized form of plasmid
which has a 3'dT at each end facilitating ligation with any DNA amplified with
a poymerase that leaves single 3"dA overhangs e.g. Taq poymerase. The insert
is then cut out of pOCUS.
Hope this helps.