EST sequencing strategy

David Adelson D.Adelson at prospect.anprod.csiro.au
Tue Aug 29 01:40:55 EST 1995

Greetings Netters,

We are about to start looking for some sheep tissue
specific ESTs, using a lambda ZAP cDNA library.

Is it possible/better to use PCR to amplify the insert
regions of individual clones and then cycle sequence
the PCR product directly?  We are looking to avoid having
to do the in vivo excision, plating and miniprepping to
get template for the sequencer.

I would appreciate any feedback you have to offer.

Cheers,

*Dave Adelson      CSIRO Divison of Animal Production*
*"What, me worry?"    Sydney Lab, Sydney, AUSTRALIA  *
*ALL OPINONS ARE MY OWN, USUAL DISCLAIMER APPLIES    *