Need info about PRIMEGEN software.

John Nash nash at nrcbsa.bio.nrc.ca
Tue Aug 29 12:30:34 EST 1995

In article <40sda8$8fu at majestix.uni-muenster.de>,
Torsten Boerchers  <borcher at uni-muenster.de> wrote:
>Nathan Lange <nelange at ucdavis.edu> wrote:
>>Has anyone ever used the software program PRIMEGEN to select degenerate
>>oligonucleotide primers from multiple aligned sequences?  Is the program
>>worth purchasing?  Where is it available?  Is there a better program
>>available?

>are you really talking about Primegen?
>I know a programme called PrimerGen which can be
>used to design (degenerated) primers for protein
>stretches up to 80 aa. It is ok and runs under DOS.
>There are certain other programmes using larger platforms.
>If anybody knows a DOS, (perhaps also Windows) programme
>that handles more than 80 aa, please post.

My apologies... I *really* must update it, and get it to run under
Windows and/or Unix.  I haven't been able to program anything for >2
years now, as I am really a lab-bench scientist, not a serious
programmer.  I used to write these things while waiting for sequencing
gels to run. The ABI sequencer spoilt that ;-) I'll try and churn out
a version that at least uses stretches of aa >80.

john

--
John Nash                       Institute for Biological Sciences      *
Email: nash at nrcbsa.bio.nrc.ca   National Research Council of Canada  * .*