LacSwitch Inducible Mammalian Expression System

Kenneth Y. Ilio you at somehost.somedomain
Tue Aug 29 16:09:09 EST 1995

In article <tl7715-2908951135400001 at us7l88.glaxo.com>, tl7715 at glaxo.com
(Tim Lansing) says:

>I am considering using Stratagene's LacSwitch Inducible Mammmalian
>Expression System.  Has anyone out there tried this system?  I would
>appreciate comments from users concerning its advantages/disadvantages.
>
>Thanks in advance!
>Tim Lansing
>Glaxo Wellcome Research Laboratories

I and few of my firends have used this system. Our consensus is that the
bacfkground level is higher than we would like them to be. As my gene is
cytotoxic to cells, I have had better luck with tet repressible system.
In fact, the background level was comparable to controls and the level of
induction was ~10,000 fold (this is not a typo) at the best. Recently in
Science, there was a study describing tet inducible system from the same
group. But I have not used it so I cannot tell you if the new one works
better. Good luck.

Isaac.