In situ PCR

John Bussell johndb at uniwa.uwa.edu.au
Wed Aug 30 22:08:27 EST 1995

Hello All
I am after some information on in situ PCR.  Is it possible to use as an
alternative to in situ hybridisation, given that my aim is to localise a
specific sequence onto a chromosome spread?  Initially I thought yes, but
I have yet to encounter any such application in the literature.

Possibly the denaturing step of PCR precludes such an application, as it
appears that the PCR product is free to move about within the cell after
it is denatured from the template.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.