Non-radioactive sequencing

sljj5 at cc.usu.edu sljj5 at cc.usu.edu
Wed Aug 30 10:20:38 EST 1995

Hello,
	I'm teaching an undergraduate course in molecular genetics.  As part
of the course we will be doing sequencing.  I have some questions regarding
non-isotopic sequencing kits, and any non-kit protocols.  Has anyone out there
used these any of these kits?  Which one gives the best results, and which one
would be easiest in terms of a lab setting.  Right now I am looking into
Promega's silver sequencing and Amersham's chemoluminescent sequencing.  Do
these procedures differ greatly from S-35 Dideoxy?  Any comments and tips are
welcome.  Please send replies directly to me.

Thanks,
Dan Kim
Department of Biology
Utah State University