Elutrap????

Peter pemanuel at umabnet.ab.edu
Thu Aug 31 13:09:23 EST 1995

I am having low recoveries of a gel slice containing a DNA insert.  I have
a 1400 bp insert which is present at low levels.  The slice may have 500
ng in it and I need all of it or as much as I can get.
 Glassmilk (Geneclean) has been weird.  I seem to lose a lot each time.

I have an elutrap machine I want to use now.

Can I expect that this machine will work better than glassmilk?

Will the TAE buffer crystallize when I precipiatate the 200 ul of eluted
stuff I suck out of the TRAP in the EluTRAP machine?

What can I do to get a better recovery?

Peter

--
Peter Emanuel Ph.D.
University of Maryland School of Medicine