RediVue and EasyTides..Good?

Peter Thorén peter.thoren at
Fri Dec 1 03:12:43 EST 1995

In article <48sngd$7l7 at> Angela Hofstra <Hofstra at> writes:
>From: Angela Hofstra <Hofstra at>
>Subject: Re: RediVue and EasyTides..Good?
>Date: 21 Nov 1995 14:25:17 GMT

>tflanigan at wrote:
>stuff deleted

>>we've looked at using redivue and easytides in differential display of mRNA
>>and they did not work.  The preservative(?) seems to interfere with the PCR
>>reaction.  We were also told that these nucleotides did not work well for in
>>situ hybridisation but we did not try it.
>>Tom Flanigan

>Thanks for this tip. We were planning to use redivue nucleotides in PCR
>and now we'll reconsider.

Dear Angela,

In our lab we have been using redivue S35dATP in our PCR reactions for a long
time . Because of the hazard with using S35 in a PCR reaction we have now
switched to redivue P33dATP wich also gives excellent results!

Best wishes,

Peter Thorén
Dept.of Genetics, Uppsala University
peter.thoren at
Peter Thorén, Dept.of Genetics, Uppsala University
Box 7003, S-750 07 Uppsala, Sweden, phone: +46 18 67 26 61
e-mail: peter.thoren at, FAX +46 18 67 27 05