DNA from blood

brett brett at BORCIM.WUSTL.EDU
Fri Dec 1 16:01:56 EST 1995

>>>Does anyone have a good protocol, or reference to a protocol, for
>>>preparing genomic DNA from blood samples? Also, are there any commercial
>>>kits available for the same purpose that are worth the extra expense of a
>>>kit?
>

>>Try Quiagen kit. The kit is very simple, quick and relatively cheap.
>>
>>Seong-Hun Kim
>
>QIAGEN offers several kits for DNA purification from blood, each optimized
>for specific applications. Please contact QIAGEN Technical Services  for
>more information.   Phone:  1-800-426-8157;  Fax:  1-800-718-2056;
>e-mail: qiagen at kaiwan.com.
>
>--
>QIAGEN, Inc.
>1-800-426-8157
>Temporary e-mail address: qiagen at Kaiwan.com

In the interest of fairness, I just got in the mail today a spec sheet from
Dynal on their DNA Direct product. Though I haven't tried it, I have been
satisfied with other products of theirs. Qiagen, on the other hand...

NOT AFFILIATED WITH EITHER!

Brett Lindenbach

Program in Immunology
Washington University - St Louis