ECL reagents

Eric C. Anderson e-anderson at ski.mskcc.org
Fri Dec 1 11:16:59 EST 1995

In article <49mvvg$6oh at usenet.srv.cis.pitt.edu>, iddavis at vms.cis.pitt.edu wrote:

> In article <mit.edu-3011951527540001 at cancer-ctr-mac-32.mit.edu>, mit.edu (k)
> writes:
> > Does anyone know if it is possible to dilute the ECL reagents (from
> > Amersham) and still get adequate detection?  If so what do you dilute them
> > in?  Thanks
>
> So, we meet again....  8^}
>
> Yes, I used to dilute them in DDW routinely, 1:5 (ie 4 ml DDW, 0.5 ml
> each ECL component).  Worked fine.

FWIW, there was a Biotechniques article about this awhile back around Jan.
1995 i think (i don't have the exact citation because this was before they
started including the citation info at the beginning of each article).  it
also reduces background considerably.  if you want, check the
Biotechniques database at http://www.BioTechniques.com.

good luck,

eric

--