HELP! promoter bashing problem.

E.Ettehadieh eettehad at direct.ca
Sun Dec 3 15:28:36 EST 1995

I have been working on this promoter for about 2 years now.
my endogenous message is responsive to any growth factor you can think of,
and I mean really responsive!! so I went ahead and cloned the darn thing
and made like 20 serial deletions of it, all fused to cat ofcourse.  done
the transfections and well what do you think happened???
ahhh don't worry I tell you....

lots and lots and lots of basal activity,...can't get the darn thing to
shut its transcription!! so as a result can't see any response to any
factor, v-src, v-fps...you name it....

please help me.....don't know what to do....
has anyone seen this problem before....

my PhD thesis depends on this crap and my boss is of no help!!

*sob*sob*sob*....in short help!!!

and oh if you do have a reply please mail it to elham at unixg.ubc.ca or
eettehad at direct.ca

thank you very much....