Robo Cycler, any experience?

Dave Adelson D.Adelson at prospect.anprod.csiro.au
Mon Dec 4 21:37:22 EST 1995

In message <49p857$pc3 at biovax.biobase.dk> - wind at biobase.dk (Troels Wind) write
s:

'''stuff deleted'''
> One option is the Robo Cycler, but can anyone who uses
>it or has tried it tell us if it is worth the money? Does it have a better
>performance than ordinary thermoocyclers, if yes, in what way? Obviousely
>it must be faster, but is it also better?

The 96 well Tm gradient version is great. I wouldn't touch a non gradient
machine for love or money at this point.  The gradient allows you to optimise
primer sets in amazingly short times.  This is especially good if you are
optimising primers designed on one species to another species, i.e. mouse or
human to sheep.

*Dave Adelson      CSIRO Divison of Animal Production*
*"What, me worry?"    Sydney Lab, Sydney, AUSTRALIA  *
*ALL OPINONS ARE MY OWN, USUAL DISCLAIMER APPLIES    *

When in charge, ponder
When in trouble, delegate
When in doubt, mumble