NIH-Image instructions

Christopher B. Yohn cyohn at scripps.edu
Mon Dec 4 21:00:22 EST 1995

In article <dtyyu.142.0011BC88 at ucla.edu>, dtyyu at ucla.edu (David Tak Yan
Yu) wrote:

> I have just installed the NIH-Image software into my computer.  I am scanning
> photos of RT-PCR results into tif files.  I would appreciate a step by step
> instructions on how to measure the density of the bands.
> David Yu
> dtyyu at ucla.edu

Check out the documentation that comes with the software.  You can get the
latest version at:
ftp://zippy.nimh.nih.gov//pub/nih-image/documents/nih-image158_docs.html.hqx

There is also a description of using the gel macros, including how to
quantitate bands on a gel, at:
ftp://zippy.nimh.nih.gov//pub/nih-image/documents/gel_macros_doc.hqx

Hope this helps.

--
Christopher B. Yohn  [cyohn at scripps.edu]
The Scripps Research Institute