Low cost autoseq reviews please

Lawrence Washington lwashing at sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
Mon Dec 4 16:05:57 EST 1995

In article <DIK0su.L32 at freenet.carleton.ca>, ac562 at FreeNet.Carleton.CA
(Robert J. Forster) wrote:

> My lab has some money to buy an automated sequencer, although not enough
> for an ABI377.  We are considering the following models
>
> Molecular Dynamics Vistra 725
> Pharmacia ALF Express
> ABI Prism 310 Capillary
>
> They are all around $75,000 CDN.
>
> If anyone has one of these machines installed in their lab could you
> please send me a short run down about how you like or dislike its performance.

I have no direct experience with the systems you mentioned, but you might
also look at the Li-Cor system.  It is in the price range you mention and
is a good machine, known for very long, very accurate reads and
better-than-average customer support.

(I have no connection with Li-Cor other than as a customer)

-Lawrence

--
Lawrence Washington
Indiana University