Bacillus subtilis L-forms

hugp at nih.gov hugp at nih.gov
Mon Dec 4 13:21:38 EST 1995

Does anyone have experience working with B. subtilis L-forms?

Specifically:

1)  Inducing the bacteria into the L-form,

2)  Transformation of L-forms (I think they will behave as super-
    competent cells?), and

3)  Expression of genes on plasmids in the B. subtilis L-form.

Are there any special considerations necessary in plasmids for use
in B. subtilis?  Or can I just use an expression vector that has
been designed for use in E. coli.

Any help or advice that anyone can give me would be greatly
appreciated.

My address is:

hugp at box-h.nih.gov
(or)