Storage of RNA

Stephen Blair sblair at earth.endocrin.su.oz.au
Wed Dec 6 04:11:51 EST 1995

I'm planning to extract RNA from rat and mice tissue for use in northern
blots and rtPCR.  Can anyone tell me whether it is necessary to extract
the RNA from the tissues immediately after they have been excised?
Alternatively, can the tissues be frozen for a period of time before
extracting the RNA and if so, how long can the tissues be safely frozen
for without degradation of the RNA?  Also, once the RNA has been extracted
how long can it be stored for before use and what is the best method of
storage?  I'd appreciate any help!
Please email me if possible.  My address is:  DebbieC at earth.endocrin.su.oz.au
Debbie Colwell
PhD Student