pseudomonas vectors

Don Chen chend at ucs.orst.edu
Tue Dec 5 10:37:59 EST 1995

Hi:

I don't know if my previous post made it in, so here's my question
again.

Does anyone have information regarding cloning vectors for Pseudomonas
spp that can also work in Ecoli?  The type of vectors include, but not
restricted to, pBR-type cloning vectors, shuttle vectors, vectors with
transposon cassettes, and transducing phage vectors.  I understand
that Pseudomonas promoters are not, or poorly, recognized inside of
Ecoli - is there a way around this, maybe one with an Ecoli promoter
in frame with the cloning site?  Thanks for any help.

Don

Sleeping we image what awake we wish,
         Dogs dream of bones, fishermen of fish. - Theocritus
Impoundments are another way of saying,
    "Dam the rivers, damn the fish, and goddamn you."