dbEST

Large Hearted Boy ed at bio02
Tue Dec 5 20:18:55 EST 1995

On Tue, 5 Dec 1995, Jonas Lindeberg wrote:

> Anybody know anything about the amount of sequencing errors in this database?
>
> Differences between the big submitters?
>
> Any specific big errors?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> /Jonas

Like with in any automated sequencing runs, towards the ends there is
lots of garbage,  I have noticed that there usually some insertions and
deletions in their sequences. But you can pick these up by watching out
for frameshifts. ...mind you, considering that it's just bulk
sequencing, it's not so bad. I haven't quantified any of this...just
telling you what I have noticed...and by all means, if your sequence and
theirs differ a little, trust your own...it's your baby...theirs is one
of a zillion babies...no time to fuss over one in a million...

	Ed Taboada, Department of Biology
  University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
	   ed at bio01.bio.uottawa.ca
|  " I am a scientist - I seek to understand me     |
|     all of my impurities & evils yet unknown      |
|    I am a scientist - I seek to understand me     |
|   I am incurable & nothing else behaves like me"  |