Growth of Thermus aquaticus

Mikhail Alexeyev malexeyev at biost1.thi.tmc.edu
Wed Dec 6 09:56:13 EST 1995

In article <Pine.ULT.3.91.951205182427.6737A-100000 at selway.umt.edu>,
jammi at SELWAY.UMT.EDU (Narasimham Jammi) wrote:

>  Could anybody out there give me a failsafe recipe for growth of T.
> aquaticus and T. ruber in the lab. Please list all insignificant details.
> Thank you.

There is no trick in growing T. aquaticus YT1. Just follow ATCC recepie
for the medium and try to keep temperature steady (in my hands it didn't
like temperature fluctuations). You may also store plates in a
refrigerator at +4 +8 C for about a month. Don't forget to tape plates
with parafilm though.

Hope, this will be of some use.

M.A.