screening message

Rover rover at ns1.livnet.com
Wed Dec 6 21:18:36 EST 1995

tcaffrey at netserv.unmc.edu (Thomas Caffrey) wrote:

>Sorry about previous message.
>Anyway, I plan to strip and reprobe plaque lift several times.  Has
>anyone had much success with a particular brand of membrane for this purpose?
>I'll probably use the old standby nylon 0.2uM membranes.  Thanks in
>advance for your time and/or advice.  Tom

 Yes, we use Nytran plus from Schleicher and Schuell for both colony
and plaque lifts, and we have reprobed .However, use of nylon type
membranes is reported to be less sensitve when used for plaques and
colony lifts. Since I haven't run direct comparisons of nylon versus
nitocellulose for this putpose  I can't comment anymor than that.

--Rover The Mad Molecular Biologist
rover at livnet.com
barlow at picard.evms.edu