Ethidium Bromide question

Charles A Miller oravaxcm at world.std.com
Wed Dec 6 16:39:49 EST 1995

You can also avoid two-tone gels by running the gel without Ethidium then
soaking in a buffer/Ethidium solution for about 5 to 10 minutes. It works
well for thin gels at least. Haven't tried it with thicker gels, but I'm sure
it would work just fine.

chuck

Morrison Lab (fergusb at microbio.lifesci.ucla.edu) wrote:

: IT RUNS IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION - EASY IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT - DNA IS
: NEGATIVELY CHARGED SO THE ET.BR. BINDS TO IT AS IT IS POSITIVELY CHARGED
: SO THE ET. BR. RUNS IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION TO THE DNA - IF YOU PUT IT
: IN THE AGAROSE MIX - THEN YOU GET THOSE TWO TONE GELS - YOU CAN OVERCOME
: THIS BY PUTTING THE ET.BR. IN THE RUNNING BUFFER

: FERGUS
: UCLA

: In article <hopkinsc.13.000D9B7A at lincoln.ac.nz>, hopkinsc at lincoln.ac.nz