RDA and Klen-Taq kits from Clontech

Chris Pauken cpauken at fdant.nctr.fda.gov
Thu Dec 7 14:04:40 EST 1995

Hello,
Can anyone give me some feedback on Clontech's RDA kit called PCR-select cDNA
Subtraction kit?  Should I wait till they get it in stock or should I piece
togethor my own components?  Also, they recommend using their
Advantage Klen-Taq Polymerase with the above kit.  It has Klen-Taq, " a minor
amount of proof-reading polymerase" and their Taqstart Antibody for hotstart.
Is this necessary for carrying out the RDA?  Is there any consensus about the
minimal amount of polyA needed to start the process<

TIA,
Christine Pauken
CPAUKEN at FDANT.NCTR.FDA.GOV