Designing in restriction sites

Andreas Becker becker at ps1515.chemie.uni-marburg.de
Thu Dec 7 13:53:44 EST 1995

Rick Neubig <RNeubig at umich.edu> wrote:

>Hello,
>I am interested in designing unique restriction sites into a particular
>general area of a plasmid without changing the expressed protein. There
>are no naturally occuring restriction sites. Two questions:

>1) Is there software that tackles this kind of problem or are there
>general approaches which have been taken to simplify this?

>2) Is there a good place to get a list of restriction enzymes
>sorted by their recognition sequence (not by enzyme name)? This
>would help me with this process.

You can download a data list of more than 600 enzymes on our site.
I think there will be the right one for you. The list is ordered by
enzyme name, but it would not be a problem to order it by restriction
site. If you like give me more information on your problem.

Andreas Becker

WWW  : http://www.chemie.uni-marburg.de/~becker
eMail: BECKER at ps1515.Chemie.Uni-Marburg.De
Arbeitskreis Prof. Kadenbach, FB Chemie/Biochemie, Hans-
Meerwein-Strasse, Philipps-Universitaet, 35043 Marburg, Germany
Phone: privat +49 6421 47304  Labor +49 6421 28 -5721 Fax -2191