Q: PCR with 80mer?

Mike Morris sur cmusun12 mike at cui.unige.ch
Thu Dec 7 07:24:10 EST 1995

To avoid doing many steps of site-directed mutagenesis, we want to PCR
and clone a fragement using one 80mer primer. We have previously used a 50mer,
with no problems, but we cannot amplify with the 80mer. We have tried both from
genomic DNA and from a larger PCR fragment (made with conventional primers).
  Does anybody have any tricks for amplifying? We have tried a range of Mg
concentrations, but have never seen any suggestion of a band.
  Please answer by email - I don't regularly follow this group.
tia,
	Mike Morris

Medical Genetics, Geneva, Switzerlan