SigmaScan and PCR quantitation methods - help!

Jason Affourtit affouj at rpi.edu
Tue Dec 5 10:03:04 EST 1995

hi!  i was wondering if anyone out there uses Sigma Scan and can give
me some hints about quantitating DNA using it.  Specifically scanning
in agarose gels with PCR products, but any info about quantifying DNA
with Sigma Scan would be greatly appreciated!

in addition, any helpful hints about other methods you might use to
quanitfy PCR products would be greatly appreciated - i.e. what works
for you?  quantification of PCR products has become a rather
important issue in the lab and i'd like to figure out how to do it
reliably!

thanks very much in advance, and PLEASE respond by email if you can
to affouj at rpi.edu.

-j

| Jason Affourtit GRAD - BIO             Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute |
| Internet - affouj at rpi.edu        |    url= http://www.rpi.edu/~affouj   |
| #include <std-disclaimer.h>      |         ...Gone PHISHing...          |
| Tau Epsilon Phi Fraternity      /|\ so what- i'm an erythrochaetophile! |
| LET'S GO NY RANGERS !!!!!!!!!  / | \    ***finger me for PGP key***     |