DNA Strider printing question

Jim Woodgett jwoodget at oci.utoronto.ca
Fri Dec 8 11:27:52 EST 1995

In article <30C6E526.10B0 at simmons.swmed.edu>, Mark Walberg <
walberg at simmons.swmed.edu> writes:

> neale at mbcf.stjude.org wrote:
> >
> > I have a question for those who use the Macintosh DNA Strider
> > software. (No, it's not about how to select multiple digests)
> >
> > How can you alter the font that is used to print out your
> > restriction map, etc.?
> >
> > On the screen the display looks great (presumably in Monaco font),
> > but when you print the result--it comes out in Chicago font.

> One way is to save the sceen display as a file.  Then, open the file
> with a wordprocessor program, like Word.
> Then you can change anything to anything else.

Except that the only file type you can save the screenshot to is PICT which is
bitmapped (there are utilities that allow you to change the resource type but
you are still stuck with a bit map).  You could (if you really wanted to) open
this up in a graphics program and replace the text by typing new text in your
desired font.

Jim