cheap cellophane

Fri Dec 8 13:03:54 EST 1995

On 7 Dec 1995, Scott Vande Pol wrote:

> We like to dry our gels between cellophane sheets.  From biotech companies,
> the stuff is fairly expensive-- about $1 per gel.  Does anyone know of a
> cheap source for the stuff?
>
> --
> Scott Vande Pol
> Case Western Reserve University
> Department of Pathology
> Cleveland Oh. 44106
> sbv at pop.cwru.edu

We had ordered some from BioRad, and I believe they sell them in packages
of 50 sheets for $20. Each sheet is sufficient for one gel of the 16x16mm
size, if the gel is sandwiched between cellophane and dried using the gel
dryer (not on a frame). I dry my gels with
just a cellophane backing, covering with ordinary plastic wrap - works
fine.

			  Hiranya S. Roychowdhury
   			  Plant Genetic Engineering Lab.
			  Box 3GL, NM State Univ.