so many claims for so many kits -- how can we tell what works?

martin LEACH leach at bu.edu
Fri Dec 8 10:48:24 EST 1995

I have been thinking of doing this for a while....but it would be for
gratis..and I have no time to spare....

I would like to put together sites that would detail various protocols for
transfection, EMSa, footprinting etc....complex protocols that are associated
with promoter characterisation...again...time is a limiting factor...I have my
fingers in many pies already...

We should push for companies to do this sort of thing...since they know a
number of protocols/optimizations used for their products....

I've been targetting Promega...telling them they should do this with their
Products....

Martin

:    Why isn't there a site where you can look up specific products and get
: users' tips for how to make a particular product work best?

: Sorry for the late night rambling,
: Jon

: Jon Nakamoto, MD
: UCLA Medical Center