The effect of tRNA on cDNA cloning ?

Seongwook Kwon swkwon at email.unc.edu
Sun Dec 10 18:08:49 EST 1995

Hi,

I am thinking of using tRNA to help precipitate my ss cDNA after
subtractive hybridization.  Precipitated ss cDNA will be converted into
ds cDNA using Klenow and cloned into lambda vector.

Does anybody know the effect of tRNA presence on 1) the conversion of ss
DNA into ds DNA, 2) the ligation of inserts into vectors, 3) the
packaging of vector-insert into lambda particles ?

I appreciate your help.

                                      Sincerely,

                                      Seongwook Kwon