RNA from cerebrospinal fluid: best method?

Anders Johannisson Anders.Johannisson at pat.slu.se
Fri Dec 8 10:50:11 EST 1995

Has anyone tried to extract RNA from cerebrospinal fluid?? If so, I would
be very grateful for some advice. I want to get the total RNA out for cDNA
synthesis and PCR. The major problem is the low number of cells present
in  the CSF. Would a cytospin preparation with a following in situ
hybridization or in situ PCR be a better alternative?

Anna-Lena Lundgren