SSB in PCR

Paul N Hengen pnh at cockleberry.ncifcrf.gov
Mon Dec 11 15:21:00 EST 1995

Lee Smith (Lee.Smith at bbsrc.ac.uk) wrote:

: I seem to remember somebody somewhere (specificity,
: that's what I like) telling me I can use Single
: Stranded DNA binding protein to facilitate Hot Start
: PCR by binding (strangely enough) to the primers.
: Can't find a protocol though.
: Any comments, suggestions, helpful hints?
: Protocols for the use of SSB in any reaction would
: be useful for ratios etc.

@article{Chou1992a,
author = "Q. Chou
     and M. Russell
     and D. E. Birch
     and J. Raymond
     and W. Bloch",
title = "Prevention of pre-{PCR} mis-priming and primer
dimerization improves low-copy-number amplifications",
journal = "Nucl. Acids Res.",
volume = "20",
number = "7",
pages = "1717-1723",
comment = "hot start PCR",
year = "1992"}

@article{Chou1992b,
author = "Q. Chou",
title = "Minimizing deletion mutagenesis artifact during
{{\em Taq}} {DNA} polymerase {PCR} by {{\em E. coli}} {SSB}",
journal = "Nucleic Acids Res.",
volume = "20",
number = "16",
pages = "4371",
comment = "cycle sequencing through high GC content",
year = "1992"}

Also, be sure to check out the upcoming article in the January 1996
issue of TIBS on sequencing through GC rich regions...

@article{Hengen1996Jantibs,
author = "P. N. Hengen",
title = "Methods and reagents - Cycle sequencing through GC rich regions",
volume = "21",
number = "1",
pages = "xxx-xxx",
month = "jan",