so many claims for so many kits -- how can we tell what works?

Eric C. Anderson e-anderson at ski.mskcc.org
Mon Dec 11 08:47:05 EST 1995

In article <4a9mo8$8qk at news.bu.edu>, leach at bu.edu (martin LEACH) wrote:

> I have been thinking of doing this for a while....but it would be for
> gratis..and I have no time to spare....
>
> I would like to put together sites that would detail various protocols for
> transfection, EMSa, footprinting etc....complex protocols that are associated
> with promoter characterisation...again...time is a limiting factor...I have my
> fingers in many pies already...
>
> We should push for companies to do this sort of thing...since they know a
> number of protocols/optimizations used for their products....
>
> I've been targetting Promega...telling them they should do this with their
> Products....

FWIW (and i have never really been a huge Promega fan myself), Promega has
put out at least one edition of a protocols guide that is quite good.
sure, it's not on the 'net yet, but give them time...or just read the
book.  contact Promega for availability information.

eric

--
Eric C. Anderson
Cell Biology and Genetics