so many claims for so many kits -- how can we tell what works?

Duke Groebe drg at prophet.pharm.pitt.edu
Tue Dec 12 12:34:11 EST 1995

In article <4a9mo8$8qk at news.bu.edu>, leach at bu.edu (martin LEACH) wrote:

> I have been thinking of doing this for a while....but it would be for
> gratis..and I have no time to spare....
>
> I would like to put together sites that would detail various protocols for
> transfection, EMSa, footprinting etc....complex protocols that are associated
> with promoter characterisation...again...time is a limiting factor...I have my
> fingers in many pies already...
>
> We should push for companies to do this sort of thing...since they know a
> number of protocols/optimizations used for their products....
>
> I've been targetting Promega...telling them they should do this with their
> Products....
>
> Martin

Maybe a little futzing with this newsgroup could establish exactly the sort
of thing you're looking for.  I've seen many posts examining and comparing
protocols and kits.

Duke

The opinions expressed here are my own.  MY very own and NOBODY else's!  I
THOUGHT OF THEM FIRST, HA HA, AND YOU DIDN'T!!  SEE!?  There's my name up
there!  And the date - Ooohh, the DATE!  That's important!  HEE HEE, I'M
GONNA BE RICH!  DO YOU HEAR ME!?  RICH!!  HA HA!!  They're mine...heh, heh,
all mine....  GOD!  I'm so smart!