an idea to share about fast isolation of poly A+ RNA

Fang-Yao Hou FYHOU at MACC.WISC.EDU
Tue Dec 12 14:21:50 EST 1995

Hi, everybody on the methods-and-reagents list:

While I am working on searching info about using immobalized oligo d(T) to
isolate poly A+ RNA, I realize there are two ways of separating bound and
unbound materials. One is to use centrifuge and the other is to use magnetic
separation. I am wondering if somebody has tried to immobalize oligo d(T) on a
stick, for example paper stick, that we can simply dip this stick into the
solution containing poly A+ RNA and transfer the stick to a washing well several
times and finally release the bound poly A+ RNA in water. The way we may
eliminate the need of either a centrifuge or a magnetic stand. Just an idea to
share and welcome further discussion concerning its feasibility.

Fang-Yao Hou
FYHOU at MACC.WISC.EDU