Ampicillin plates

Dr. Arthur L. Kruckeberg bmbckh at biovax.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Dec 12 06:39:57 EST 1995

In article <gaughan-1112951612290001 at gaughangmac.wf.bms.com>
gaughan at bms.com (Glen Gaughan) writes:

We use carbenicillin sodium B.P. (trade name is Pyopen) from Link
Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Horsham, Surrey. CR7 7EQ. England. This appears
to be more stable than ampicillin. We resuspend in sterile H2O at
100mg/ml and store in 500ul aliquots @ -20C. LB-carb (50-100ug/ml) agar
plates appear to be stable for upto four weeks before satellite
colonise appear after O/N incubation @37C. Plates are stored @ 4C and
allowed to warm up to RT on the bench before cells are streaked/spread.

Hope it helps.

Chris

   a.k.a.

Dr. Arthur L. Kruckeberg

University of Leeds             phone +44 0113 2333172
Leeds LS2 9JT                   FAX   +44 0113 2333167
Great Britain           e-mail arle at biovax.leeds.ac.uk