Software to read SDS-PAGE

Ron Tate rtate at bmb-fs1.biochem.okstate.edu
Tue Dec 12 20:52:00 EST 1995

dtyyu at ucla.edu (David Tak Yan Yu) wrote:
>Is there a free software to calculate MW of proteins in SDS-PAGE?
>Best wishes,
>David yu
>dtyyu at ucla.edu

David,
We downloaded a program from NCSA called GelReader which looks really nice to use.  It has the
capabilities to determine mobility, density and calculate MW.  But I never could get it to do
the MW for me, everything else worked real well.  It may have to do with the computer we
installed it on, we've had a few glitches with it in the past.  I even contacted NCSA
technical support and they were great but we still couldn't get it to do MW.  Again, its
really easy to use and looks like a pretty good one.  If you download it I would like to hear
how it worked for you.  If you can get it to work I'll spend some more time on it.
 Happy Hunting
Ron Tate
OSU, BMB
rtate at bmb-fs1.biochem.okstate.edu