Software to read SDS-PAGE

brett brett at BORCIM.WUSTL.EDU
Tue Dec 12 18:13:03 EST 1995

>In article <dtyyu.148.0013AA4D at>, dtyyu at (David Tak Yan
>Yu) wrote:
>> Is there a free software to calculate MW of proteins in SDS-PAGE?
>> Best wishes,
>> David yu
>> dtyyu at
>Hi David,
>If you find one I'd be interested if you don't mind e-mailing me with the
>info, I would really appreciate it!!
>egreif at
>Hey, hey, hey, hey! It was the DNA.
>Hey, hey, hey, hey! That made me this way.

I believe NIH Image has this capability, but I haven't used it much. There is
a DNA sizer out there in Hypercard format called gelfragsizer. I have used it
to calculate protein weights, as it makes very nice standard curves. I think
I found it on the Indiana Bioserver with ftp.

Brett Lindenbach
Program in Immunology
Washington University - St Louis
brett at