Digesting with SalI and EagI

Charles A Miller oravaxcm at world.std.com
Wed Dec 13 17:35:10 EST 1995

Hello,
	I am trying to cut a vector (pET24b+) and some PCR inserts using SalI
and EagI. The PCR inserts have 3 extra bases on the 5' and 3' ends to "cap"
the R.E. sites. I am cutting first with SalI in the SalI NEB buffer with BSA.
After overnight digestion, I add 1ul of EagI to the mix (its a 50ul volume).
Has anyone cut these pET vectors with this combination before? Any suggestions
are welcome.

Thanks!

Chuck Miller
oravaxcm at world.std.com