Viability of plasmids at 4 degrees

J. David Spafford jspaffor at gpu2.srv.ualberta.ca
Thu Dec 14 18:16:07 EST 1995

Hi,

We have linearized-plasmids that we have used as templates for transcription
of ion channel genes.  A year ago, we found that the plasmids gave very good
expression.  Today, a year later, we are having difficulty getting good
quality RNA.  The plasmids were kept at 4 C.  Should they still be viable?

J. David Spafford,
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Alberta
jspaffor at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca