RNA extraction from skin samples

VL Shires vls100 at york.ac.uk
Thu Dec 14 11:19:22 EST 1995

I have just started a PhD and have been trying to extract total RNA from
skin samples from mice for RT-PCR analysis of cytokines.  I know that
other people have managed to do this type of analysis before as there is
published data.  My RT-PCR step is fine as my positive controls are
working beautifully but the message from the skin samples is at best very
weak.  So if any one has any suggestions re: more efficient extraction
methods (currently using Guanidium, CsCl gradient and phenol method) or any
other helpful tips for this work I would be very grateful if they could get
in touch.

Thanks,
Ginny Shires
University of York