an idea to share about fast isolation of poly A+ RNA

Anton Scott Goustin asg at cmb.biosci.wayne.edu
Thu Dec 14 17:12:22 EST 1995

CK Wen <cwen at aux.btny.purdue.edu> wrote:
I am wondering if somebody has tried to immobalize oligo d(T) on a
stick, for example paper stick, that we can simply dip this stick into
the solution containing poly A+ RNA and transfer the stick to a washing
well several times and finally release the bound poly A+ RNA in water.
The way we may eliminate the need of either a centrifuge or a magnetic
stand.

ASG answers:
Amersham has paper displaying poly(U), not oligo(dT).  It works better
than oligo(dT).