How to inactivate/destroy DNase I?

Richard Rothmaier zxmvo12 at aix05.zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Dec 14 12:22:03 EST 1995

Hi netters,

Working on parasites, we want to destroy free DNA, let excystate the
organism afterwards and detect him by PCR. The problem is:

How could the DNase I (bovine) be inactivated without destroying the yet
viable cysts??

Are there possibilities to use pH-, temperature or chemical/enzymatic
changes? The functionless of the enzyme after the treatment must be sure.

RICHARD ROTHMAIER

private:                   institute:
                           Hygiene-Institut
                           Abt. für Allgemeine und Umwelthygiene
Stauffenbergstr. 49        Wilhelmstr.31
D - 72074 Tuebingen        D - 72074 Tuebingen
Germany                    Germany

                           Tel.:     0049/(0)7071/29-5232
                           Fax: 0049/(0)7071/29-3011

E-mail: richard.rothmaier at student.uni-tuebingen.de