Removing any traces of DNA

Margon Vandongen vando005 at mc.duke.edu
Thu Dec 14 15:12:30 EST 1995

Jean,

I assume you phenol chloroform and precipitate afterwards? You might
want to try to precipitate with Ammonium acetate this will selectively
precipitate the large fragments and get rid of nucleotides and
small fragments. We use RQ DNAse from Promega but I've never pcr-ed
on this RNA afterwards, it works great with 5 prime extensions though.
Good luck

Margon