Using Photoshop for densitometry?

arturo.galvani at itner.pharmacia.se arturo.galvani at itner.pharmacia.se
Fri Dec 15 02:44:47 EST 1995

     I don't use Adobe Photoshop, but if you have a linear response between
     amount of RNA loaded and 'densitometry' data, I don't see how anyone
     can argue with you.  One thing you could do which might avoid reviewer
     gripes is to calibrate your system with a photographic step tablet,
     e.g. StepTablet No. 3 from Kodak (- no affiliation).  These are strips
     of film exposed in such a manner to give a range of predetermined
     O.D.s, which you could scan to find out exactly how good or bad your
     densitometry system is.

     Arturo Galvani
     (all views expressed
     are strictly my own)