thermocycler Techne GeneE

Hinrich Schulenburg HINRICH at bombina.biologie.uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Dec 15 06:34:16 EST 1995

We intend to acquire the thermocycler "GeneE" from Techne
(a low cost PCR machine). Therefore, I would be very interested in
any information about the reliability of that machine !!

E.g.: What's the average lifetime of that machine if it is used
regularly (e.g. five times a week, the whole year through
!) ? Is it possible to use it for DNA-Cycle-sequencing using 6  l
reactions (GeneE is a thermocycler for 0.2ml Eppis, and with a hot
lid. Consequently, I intend to perform such sequencing reactions in
0.2ml tubes without mineral oil) ?

I would be very grateful for any information about that machine or
similar cyclers (e.g. the Techne thermocycler "GeneH-D" or "GeneF").

Many thanks in advance,

Hinrich

Hinrich Schulenburg
Abteilung fuer Morphologie und Systematik der Tiere
Fakultaet fuer Biologie
Universitaet Bielefeld
33501 Bielefeld
GermanyHinrich Schulenburg