Somatic cell hybrids using mouse A9 x human

kanemats at morgan.angis.su.oz.au‚ kanemats at morgan.angis.su.oz.au‚
Thu Dec 14 23:03:44 EST 1995

Dear bionetters,

I am doing some experiments to optimise conditions for somatic cell
hybridisation between human myeloid leukemia cells and mouse A9 cells (which
are HPRT -ve fibroblasts and can be killed in HAT medium). My ultimate aim is
to obtain a human x mouse hybrid that is:
a)	immortalized
b)	contains a derivative chromosome from the human leukemia cells
	isolated from its homologous human chromosomes (for gene mapping)

I have been culturing the A9 cell
I am asking that anyone with experience with any of the techniques