Ampicillin plates

Mad Dan Eccles rpgrant at
Fri Dec 15 04:00:40 EST 1995

<4a7vmd$837 at>, rover at (Rover) writes:
> 	We pour at the same concentration you do but we cool or LB agar to 65
> deg C and then wait until its cool enough to manipulate with our hands
> before adding the ampicillin. We still experience satellites on our

we cool to 55C before pouring. Add Amp (50 mg/ml stock stored at -20C.  Use
anhydrous, made up in 1 M NaHCO3) and roll bottles to mix.  Then pour.  Nah
worries, mate.
> --Rover The Mad Molecular Biologist

You think _you're_ mad ? ;-)

Richard P. Grant MA DPhil      rpgrant at
Nuffield Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Oxford.
"Winds light to variable"